Monday, April 25, 2011

Meatless Monday and PantryCleanerOuter - 3 Bean Soup



This post is in honor of my friend Cindy over at The reNOUNed Nest


Every few weeks, I go through the need to organize my pantry. There are a few reasons.

- my dear husband hates when I live at the grocery store every day of the week. If I know what I have, it could keep me from going (so I keep telling myself)

- I forget all the great ingredients I have which would be key to making a quick, easy meal.

- My pantry is the whole reason I like to cook - use what I have on hand for ease and for delicious meals.

That said, I bring you today a Meatless Monday soup compliments of my pantry.


1 can of each of black, garbanzo and cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can of stewed tomatoes (take a knife and kind of chop inside the can or use diced canned tomatoes)
1 small can of diced green chilies
½ cup of corn
2 cups of veggie broth (feel free to use chicken broth or beef)
1 TBS chili powder
1 tsp cumin
Handful of tortilla chips, crushed and tossed in

Put everything in a crockpot and simmer on low for 8 hours or high for 5.

Yum!

My food is good, my pictures stink!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...